Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis is looking to add to our fantastic and rapidly growing group of Pediatric Hospitalists. We are a large, diverse division covering everything from inpatient pediatrics to peds ER, newborn--with and without delivery attendance, NICU, sedation, transport medicine, etc.  We currently cover four sites in the St. Louis area that all involve working with students, residents and fellows. In the spring we will begin covering two new sites just across the Mississippi River in Illinois. At these new sites we will provide pediatric ER coverage as well as newborn care and delivery attendance in collaboration with neonatologists.  These sites will not involve medical students or residents. St. Louis, Missouri and the adjacent metro area in Illinois offers an excellent cost of living, beautiful neighborhoods boasting superior schools and educational institutions; family oriented activities including an award winning zoo, a children’s museum and national family theme park; major league team sports; wide array of restaurants, shopping and much more ... making it a great place to live and work!

We offer the flexibility to tailor the job to your particular interests:

Community Hospital Based – Nursery/ED

  *   Get to know a core group of nursing, pharmacy, respiratory therapy and other support staff
  *   Great working relationship with community primary care doctors
  *   Close and personal patient interactions
  *   Work in a community hospital setting, while maintaining the benefits associated with Washington University School of Medicine

Nocturnist

  *   Generous shift differential available for all sites
·         Flexible scheduling

Mix of everything

  *   Pediatric emergency services at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Missouri Baptist Medical Center and Progress West Hospital
  *   Newborn services at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Missouri Baptist Medical Center and Progress West Hospital
  *   Non-teaching sites in IL
  *   General pediatric inpatient services at St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Missouri Baptist Medical Center and Progress West Hospital
  *   Sedation services at St. Louis Children’s Hospital

See our full job posting at Pedsjobs for more information:http://jobs.pedjobs.org/jobs/10743613

Contact information can be found in the job posting but feel free to contact me directly as well.
Thanks,
Mike

Michael Turmelle, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Division Co-Chief Hospital Medicine
Medical Director St. Louis Children’s Hospital Children’s Direct
One Children’s Place
St. Louis, MO 63110
Phone: 314-454-2076
Fax: 314-747-8953