We totally support this concept. Unfortunately, our PICU team does not write orders on any PICU boarders in the ED irrespective of how long they board in ED. Our average ED LOS for PICU patients > 11 hours.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of JAY FISHER
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] PICU boarders

It's that time of year again! I need some back-up!

Does your PICU team write admission orders on patients admitted to the PICU but boarding in your Peds ED for 4-6 hours?

Would love as many supporters as I can get to convince our intensivists to assume this role.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Jay D. Fisher MD FAAP FACEP

Medical Director, Peds EM

Children's Hospital of NV at UMC

Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics

UNLV School of Medicine

For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the message: info PED-EM-L The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__listserv.brown.edu_ped-2Dem-2Dl.html&d=DwICaQ&c=apLCJo22jkVRpFivmRGGHnRn85FoLi_g9mEBSlVKwRY&r=c1CZNDe2EiRrXDamQUY1kg&m=ZlUYCs9NP1r-bkvIlsOzYxdnu6H4av5M5yL53ag95zU&s=cjKZ7UscM3LccMFVLlp1OnbQaCNHItuMQaX20yyfe_c&e=

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html