The Medical University of South Carolina Children’s Hospital, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine is seeking a board certified Pediatric Emergency Medicine physician to serve as Medical Director of the MUSC Children’s Health Emergency Department.  This faculty member will join a rapidly expanding and dynamic faculty and be able to mold the future direction of the group in his or her vision.  We provide state of the art, family-centered, and multidisciplinary care to children (newborn to 17 year of age) who present with acute illnesses or injuries to the PED.  We see 25,000 patients a year in our 12-bed Level 1 Trauma Center and have a thriving PEM fellowship.  All Pediatric Subspecialties are represented at MUSC and we are ranked in US News and World Report in 6 categories.  Previous leadership experience or proof of leadership potential is required.  The physician will be a member of the Pediatric Department, Emergency Medicine Division and salary, academic rank, and promotion track will be commensurate to pediatric practice and/or pediatric academic experience.  We are currently building a 20-bed new PED as part of the beautiful new Shawn Jenkins MUSC Children’s and Women’s Pavilion that will open in the winter of 2019.

We are thrilled to share that Charleston, South Carolina has been voted the No. ! City in the World and No. 1 City in the U.S. And Canada in the Travel + Leisure 2016 World’s Best Awards.  Charleston exceeded other destinations in the categories of Sights/Landmarks, Arts/Culture, Restaurants/Food, People/Friendliness, Shipping and Value to earn the No. spot.

Living in Charleston is an experience unlike any other.  Downtown Charleston is urban but close to nature, historic with all the conveniences of modern living, lively, peaceful and utterly romantic – it’s the best of all worlds.  While Charleston is best known for the historic downtown area, there are plenty of areas just a few minutes away within easy driving distance of downtown.  James Island, Johns Island, West Ashley, and Mount Pleasant are all within a short commute.  Easy access to numerous beaches is another perk of living in Charleston.  There are several beach town in Charleston County that are all within a 20-minute drive of downtown (Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, Daniel Island, and many more). Charleston is surrounded by water, and you can spot sailboats out in the harbor on any day of the week.  Charleston is a great place to run or ride your bike with great views of the water from the Battery to Waterfront Park.  The Cooper River Bridge was built in 2005 and has a pedestrian and cycling lane that is used every day by locals and tourists alike.  The bridge connects the city of Charleston to the town of Mount Pleasant with a 2.7 mile route each way over beautiful Charleston Harbor.

Please send all inquiries to Lynne Henkel at [log in to unmask] with a copy of your CV.

MUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting workplace diversity.

W. Scott Russell, MD, FACEP, FAAP
Senior Medical Director, Children’s Hospital
Division Director and Medical Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine

Associate Professor, Pediatrics
Medical University of South Carolina
135 Rutledge Ave MSC 566
Charleston, SC 29425
Tel 843-876-0795
Fax 843-792-0962

[cid:[log in to unmask]]
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. The documents accompanying this facsimile/electronic transmission contain confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html