On 02/02/2018 02:57, George Walker wrote:
> In my new conlang I've been working on called Hvaĉĭ, each verb has 72
> completely distinct inflected forms.

Only 72?

If the verb inflects for person & number and we're talking only about
the finite parts of the verb, that gives just 12 different 'tense'
forms.  Quite modest, especially if you have inflected tenses for both
indicative and subjunctive moods (and if you an optative mood, that
gives more).

[snip]

> Is this too many?

Not IMO for an inflected language.

> Are there any natlangs that reach this level?

Latin, ancient Greek and, I'm darn sure, many others.  I didn't worry
Schleyer when he was constructing Volapük; That conlang has more than
one and half thousand inflected forms!

> Should I make Hvaĉĭ less fusional? (Obviously, this is going to be
> pro-drop).

That's entirely up to you.  There's no reason to do so if you wish to
create a fusional conlang.

As for "How many inflections is too many?" - many generations of
schoolkids learning Latin have probably thought that any more than
English has is too many.  :)

But how many is too many for a plausible fusional conlang? As they say,
"how long is a piece of string?"

On 02/02/2018 03:42, George Walker wrote:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_verbs
> I got nothin' on Hungarian.
> ANADEW I guess.

I suspect there some natlangs who do even better than Hungarian. ANADEW
many times over, methinks.    :)

Ray