Stewart,

I want to very much second your idea that, "language is the most basic
thing that defines humanity." It is a very Itlani type idea and in the
Itlani part of Realms-Somewhere-Real (RSR) it is the basic philosophy of
their Reformed Ravzhurian tongue that became their planetwide lingua franca.

As fas as I can see there is absolutely nothing wrong in questing for the
"perfect" language. Our languages, I suspect, will never be perfect in an
empirical sense, but if they are perfect for us, that is what matters most.

What interests me most in my love of language and languages is the realm
where art, grammar and metaphysics intersect. Like you I feel that my ideas
may be really "illogical" and "non-scientific" for sure, but it's how I
feel... and I like it that way!

Well done!
Itlani Jim