I felt jipped that my high school didn't offer either German or
Russian.  But same principle!

How about "you would rather drive across the border and shop at the
thrift store in the nearest medium sized city than go to your local
bookstores, because the one in the other country has books in a
different language."  (True story, have done that, and come back with a
lovely haul of books in French...)

You prefer to get your world (and even national) news by checking sites
and watching Youtube channels in any language other than your L1.

You need to visit a support site for some software or system you're
using at work, and are overjoyed to find they have customer forums in a
variety of languages.  And, you proceed to look in *those* forums for
answers to the questions you have instead of in the forums in your L1.

You consider attending your favorite language conferences (LCC,
LangFest, and the variety of Esperanto conferences) to be just a given.