On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:54:25 +0000, Raymond Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 21/02/2018 10:59, Alex Fink wrote:
>> And there could be plenty of others, if Britainese was as eager to
>> borrow from OE as French was from Frankish.  I had fun paging through
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_words_of_Germanic_origin
>
>[snip]
>
>Thanks for that.  I must look again at germanic borrowings.  I suspect
>the number of borrowings would be similar to that found in french from
>Frankish.

Here's another source which might give a suggestion of the sort of words one would expect to be borrowed from the Saxons, if one compensates for the fact that Romans remaining in Britain wouldn't have to borrow words for what are originally elements of Roman life which entered Welsh via an OE intermediate:
  https://archive.org/details/englishelementin00parruoft

Alex