Dear Stefanie,

I am not sure whether I understand the problem properly. Can you give an
example? If you want to emend without giving the original spelling,
<corr> would be available at many places without <choice> like in "how
<corr>can we</corr> prove or disprove anyone's theories?" But if I
understand propely, you want to avoid <corr>, too.

Best,
Philipp

--
Technische Universität Darmstadt, Institut für Sprach- und
Literaturwissenschaft