Hello Stefanie,
if the copyist has corrected one word into another by modifying one or

http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-subst.html

If everything is perfectly readable <unclear> doesn't seem to be
appropriate in this context.

Best regards,

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco   roberto.rossellidelturco at unito.it
Dip. di Studi Umanistici     roberto.rossellidelturco at fileli.unipi.it
Universita' di Torino        VBD: http://vbd.humnet.unipi.it/beta2/
EVT: http://bit.ly/24D9kdE   VC: http://www.visionarycross.org/

  Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
  mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)

<shamelessPlug>Holidays in Tuscany http://www.imoricci.it/</shamelessPlug>