The film does treat the audience like idiots who know nothing about
language whatsoever, so Forrest Whitaker is a complete idiot.  The rest of
it was a little lame.  It took the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis too goddamn far.
I hate the S-W hypothesis.  It's fine in small doses but NO!  Time does not
work that way!  Language doesn't allow you to make a paradox!  Overall,
it's a linguistically uninteresting and inaccurate rehash of Christopher
Nolan's* The Prestige* or* Memento*.