Colleagues -

Due to the ongoing shortage of a number of sedation meds we use in our ED - specifically ketamine - we are working on plans to conserve our supply and look for other options. One option we'd like to pursue is the addition of Propofol but have come across some logistical (and political) barriers in the past in our institution.  I'd love to ask if anyone who currently uses Propofol routinely in their Peds ED would be willing to 1) Just let me know, as I'm trying to build my case by showing what other similar institutions are doing and 2) share any pertinent documents about provider/staff education, competency, protocols, etc.

Thanks very much for your time, and happy sedating!

Kevin

Kevin P. Carney, MD | Medical Director | Emergency Department - CHCO Anschutz Campus
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics | Section of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine | Children's Hospital Colorado
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Office: (303) 724-2580

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information.  If you are not an intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading, copying, using or distributing this message is prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message from your computer system.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html