On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:00:48 +0300, Katerina <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Thanks!
>
>I have reworked the T'elχ personal pronouns to look like this:
>
>I person:
>
>*tem**χ *we (collective entity)
>*ymma *one of us [no additional distinctions]
>*ym**ɫ *one of us [speaker]
>*om**ɫ* one of us [non-speaker]
>
>II person:
>
>*tețχ *you (collective entity)
>*ywwa *one of you [no additional distinctions]
>*yw**ɫ *one of you [interlocutor]
>*ow**ɫ* one of you [non-interlocutor]
>
>III person:
>
>*ifsx *he/she/it
>*ifsa'n* they
>*vi**ŋχ *they (collective entity)
>*vu *one of them
>
>In addition, *ym**ɫ/**om**ɫ* and *yw**ɫ/**ow**ɫ *could be used with a
>distal - proximal meaning and denote either physical distance or lack of
>familiarity/relevance, but this would be much more rare.
>
>In some situations, *ywwa/yw**ɫ* could be regarded as a rough equivalent of
>the singular "you", but *ymma/ym**ɫ* does not even come close to the
>meaning of "I". Right now I'm wondering whether to have Azila create a
>proper first person singular pronoun upon her re-entry into the collective
>to signify the shift in her self-perception (the fact that she had retained
>partial individuality) and to facilitate communication with humans, who
>would be more comfortable if the T'elχ language had an equivalent for "I".
>
>1st and 2nd person pronouns do not have the full four-way number
>distinction (singular, plural, collective, exceptional) present in T'elχ
>nouns, only a two-way distinction between collective pronouns (which refer
>to a body of several units, understood as a whole) and exceptionals (which
>single out a specific unit within the collective while emphasizing that it
>is still an integral element in a greater structure), which is a direct
>consequence of theT'elχ could not conceive of a sapient entity capable of
>communication as anything other than a superorganism such as themselves.
>The exceptionals have no equivalent in the other languages in our universe
>and Azila's attempts to translate the meaning into what once was her native
>language would result in her referring to herself in the third person as
>"this body/unit/element", which would sound a lot more coarse and
>disturbing than she had intended. Most of the time, though, she would
>simply refer to herself in the plural and it'd make all the more sense
>given that the question of who or what she actually is open - she may be
>less an echo of the woman who used to inhabit her physical shell, and more
>a splinter of the greater collective consciousness that was able to gain a
>certain degree of self-awareness but was bound to continue perceiving
>itself as incomplete/broken and to have what my co-author has called
>"phantom mind pains".
>
>I found the idea of exceptionals ("one of...") accidentally on another
> [...]

Copied from my Hive 2 documentation:

Phrases

Each phrase begins with a hive identifier, roughly analogous to person. Hive type 3 must be followed by the name of the hive, to complete the identifier, or the content question particle Q, except that if the name is the same as for the previous hive type 3 reference, it may be omitted.

Hive Identifiers
Word Tag Description
oe 0 hiveless or unknown etc.
vi 1 the speaker's hive
xu 2 the addressee's hive (if not the speaker's)
zo 3 any other known hive

Each hive is a heterogeneous set of active and passive assets. The hive identifier is usually followed by words selecting subsets or elements of the hive's assets. These words include bivalent verbs, univalent verbs, determiners, quantity words, and names.

Where all 3 appear, quantity words follow determiners, which follow verbs. Non-hive names are used sparingly.

A univalent verb selects a subset of the referent of the preceding part of the phrase, according to the attributes of the verb. Some univalent verbs are  "run",  "here",  "small", and  "cat". In contrast, a bivalent verb is relational, using the preceding referent as input and producing an output (which is limited here to elements of the same hive identifier referent). Some bivalent verbs are  "see",  "acquire",  "in", and  "mother". A quantity word specifies the cardinality of the referent set. The quantity words include  singular,  "many", and  "5".

Personal Pronouns

When speaking to an entity in a different hive, the hive identifiers vi 1 and xu 2 are used for 1st and 2nd person, respectively. However, within the hive, the proximal and medial determiners are used: vi mix 1 Prox=S is 1st person (singular) and vi nux 1 Medi=S is 2nd person (singular). They're likewise used for hiveless entities: oe mix 0 Prox=S is 1st person (singular) and oe nux 0 Medi=S is 2nd person (singular).

--
Jeff