On 28/04/2018 14:55, Asher Jaffe wrote:
> If you're going with SVO, you don't need a Nom/Acc or Abs/Erg
> distinction, but if it's VSO that would be helpful.

Not necessarily - Welsh is SVO has has no case distinctions even among
pronouns.  Word order distinguishes S and O, hence we say VSO.  It
depends what else is going on in your languages and whether it easy to
distingish one noun phrase from another.

The thing is surely to experiment with your chosen worder order and see
how it works out.  If it's an unusual one for the author of the
language, it might be a good idea to look at two or three languages that
use that word order to get a feel for it.

Ray