I had decided to make my conlang either VSO or SOV simply because I wanted
to do things differently from English. But I've finally developed my conlang
to the point of making very simple sentences and I've found that I don't
really like these word orders. To be honest, they feel very illogical to me.

I realize this is likely only my native-English-speaker's bias but SVO word
order just makes the most logical sense to me. To my mind it exactly follows
the actual flow of how things happen. The subject initiates the action, the
action happens, and the object is effected by the action - SVO. My
perception may also be colored by my engineering education. Subject is the
input, verb is the process, object is the output. (Not a perfect analogy,
granted)

With verb initial or verb final, the flow just doesn't seem to work. But I'm
open to new ways of thinking and so I wanted to ask anyone whose native
language is verb initial or verb final, how do you perceive the flow of
sentences? Do you perceive SVO to be odd or weird?

*	Michael - [log in to unmask]