Hallo conlangers!

On 16/04/2018 16:48, A Walker Scott wrote:

> Pronouns in my languages tend to be rather boring, but three of my
> languages do at least a few odd things. I'll take them chronologically.
>
> Lrahran has a couple of odd things. There is a first person SINGULAR
> exclusive--the I which is not I. It's something of a philosophical concept,
> but gets heavy use on those days when you don't feel like yourself, or when
> you do something really stupid and out of character. But it can also be
> used in cases of DID/MPD. The other is the "fourth person" which is "you as
> representative of a group." It's used when complaining to the tech on the
> phone (who is not the one you spoke to either of the last two times) "You
> need to get your act together. You give me a different answer every time I
> call," or "You didn't tell me this would break the first time I used it."
>
> Gravgaln does not distinguish person in its pronouns. Instead, caste is
> distinguished.
>
> Qttg pronouns are gendered for all three sexes (even in first person), and
> they exist as bound roots, requiring them to be joined to another pronoun.
> So I-he, or he-you or I-I are possible, as subject-object combinations, but
> just I or you or she alone are not.

The Old Albic pronouns are less exotic. As usual, there are three
persons; there are also three numbers: singular, dual and plural. Also,
each person has its own kind of distinction that does not occur in the
other persons: in the first person, there is an inclusive/exclusive
distinction in the dual and plural, with the exclusive forms being the
regular dual and plural of the 1st person singular, and the inclusive
forms based on a separate root. In the second person, there are familiar
and polite pronouns, while the third person distinguishes four genders:
masculine, feminine, common and inanimate. The three animate genders are
distinct only in the singular.

The pronouns are thus in their agentive case (except inanimate, which is
in the objective case):

1st person:
exclusive sg. ma, du. mu, pl. mi
inclusive du. vu, pl. vi

2nd person:
familiar sg. tha, du. thu, pl. thi
polite sg. la, du. lu, pl. li

3rd person:
masculine sg. so
feminine sg. se
common sg. sa, du. su, pl. si
inanimate sg. tath, du. tothum, pl. tethim

They decline the same way as nouns.

--
... brought to you by the Weeping Elf