On 2018/04/26 17:10, David Peterson wrote:
> Aidan, please do let us put it up on Fiat Lingua! Your article is the
> current one, but it's not like this would be the next one. lol Unlike in
> recent years, we've got a LONG queue. Your article might not even go up
> this *year*. Anyway, if you're getting comments, you can just revise and
> submit later.
Well, if you're fine with a work that's really very derivative, then I
will submit it! I'll finish it and clean it up and then email it to you.

> Also, since this is a hugely underused feature of Fiat Lingua, YOU CAN
> REVISE AN ARTICLE THAT'S ALREADY UP! We keep and track every version. Every
> article gets a six digit hexadecimal number, but after that is a two digit
> hexadecimal number that tells you the version—and we list every version on
> the page, while linking to the most recent version in the main description.
> I imagined when I started Fiat Lingua that when you pulled up any given
> article they'd all have between four and nine different versions, with the
> article improving each time. It was also supposed to encourage people to
> submit (i.e. it didn't matter if it wasn't perfect the first time; you
> could fix it and upload the new version later—without losing the insights
> of the original draft since it would still be there!) It hasn't worked out
> that way, though. I think people like to submit and be done with it—and
> that's totally fine, but just FYI it is set up to do versions!
I've been considering doing that with my current one, but I've realised
that many of the changes I might make would require me to rewrite the
whole thing - something I'm not all that interested in doing! :P I've
got a couple changes I might still make, though, so thanks for the reminder.