On to a different question.

The verbs in my conlang conjugate for subject and object. For example the verb "lovir" is "to love". To say "I love you" would be "lovikei". The "-i-" indicates subject is first person singular and the "-kei" indicates the object is second person singular. Obviously this is a very simple sentence. I also have a suffix to indicate no object which is "-kev".

My question is, can there be a sentence with no direct object but that does have indirect objects? Like in the sentence "He cried for you" is "you" the direct object or an indirect object? My word for the verb cry is "yanir" so "he cried..." is "priyana-" ("pri-" makes it past tense, and "-a-" indicates subject is third person singular), but which object suffix do I use? "-kei" for second person singular, or "-kev" for no direct object?

Hope I explained that well enough.

Thanks.

* Michael - [log in to unmask]