Eyal,

You can safely delete, rather than compress, those large databases.

For MD, there's really no reason to save the fingerprints as the odds of
encountering an atom in the exact same relative position is almost zero.
The databases are really for saving duplicate calculations in training, and
we should ideally make an option to not save database files during force
calls. We have this on our to-do list, but I'm not sure when it's going to
rise to the top.

For MD, I'd strongly recommend trying the experimental LAMMPS interface put
together by Efrem Braun and Levi Lentz. For now, you can find instructions
on this mailing list  -- there is an email from April 13 from Efrem that
describes it. In our experience, it takes a couple of hours to get it all
set up correctly, but once you do you can run MD much faster, parallelize
the force calls, and it won't write any database files.

Andy

--
Andrew Peterson
Associate Professor