The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas is recruiting for faculty positions in the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.  Candidates must have completed a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship program and be Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine by the time they start.

Our Division currently has 29 faculty. In addition, we have 25 advanced practice providers.  We have an outstanding PEM fellowship training program, which includes 10 fellows. UT Southwestern is affiliated with Children's Health. The Emergency Department at Children's Medical Center in Dallas is a level I trauma center and has an annual volume of more than 120,000 visits: 17% of these patients are admitted, including approximately 1,700 annual admissions to the Trauma Service. Children's Medical Center in Dallas is the major referral site for North Texas for ill and injured children. At our second affiliated hospital, Children's Medical Center in Plano, there are another 50,000 visits.

We are expanding and building a state of the art, two-floor, emergency department in our Dallas campus, with phase 1 opening in April 2019 and are looking to increase our current staff.

Faculty responsibilities include patient care, resident and medical student education and academic pursuits. There are lots of opportunities to contribute as we grow (e.g., the next PEMQBook Board Review Course will be in Dallas). Division faculty teach PEM fellows, pediatric residents and emergency medicine residents from UT Southwestern, and visiting residents from area programs in Pediatrics, Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine.  Divisional research support is provided to facilitate your studies.

Academic rank will be offered commensurate with experience and achievement.  A very competitive salary and incentive plan, along with an exceptional benefits package will be offered as well. The University of Texas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.

Cost of living is low, several schools are nationally ranked, and Dallas is a great place to live. Plus, there is no state income tax in Texas!

Interested candidates can email a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:

Vincent J. Wang, MD, MHA

Seay Distinguished Chair in Pediatric Medicine

Professor of Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine

Division Chief - Pediatric Emergency Medicine

UT Southwestern Medical Center

Director of Emergency Services

Children's Health

1935 Medical District Drive