De: Franz Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
À: Marjorie Burghart <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Envoyé: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 11:32:44 +0200 (CEST)
Objet: Re: empty <rdg> elements vs omission of <rdg> elements

I generally agree, too.

I should just like to point out that om. (omisit/omiserunt) means a
reading has been omitted that previously (in some original version) used
to be there or is supposed to be there.

An empty reading element just says a reading is not present. It might
turn out that this reading is actually a later addition in other
witness(es). In order to convey the full semantics of "om." one might
add @cause, @type or @ana="omission".

Franz