Daniel,

Since I'm quoted in your query, I'll try to put my text where my
mouth is.

Here's a crudely tagged (P4-ish) copy of the Book of Common Prayer, 1549
edition (STC 16270A): http://www-personal.umich.edu/~pfs/tcp/S16270a.pdcc.xml
Using mostly drama tags, but a very limited generic tag set designed for
the bulk tagging of tens of thousands of diverse books. An advantage of
using a limited tag set to begin with is that it forces you to think of
the overall structure of the markup before getting lost in the detail...

pfs