Dear all,

The Nominations and Elections Committee is pleased to announce formally the results of 2018 TEI-C elections. These results were announced at the TEI-C Business Meeting in Tokyo last week. Newly elected members of the Board, Council, and TAPAS Advisory Board were notified and agreed to serve in the interim.

We had five candidates for three open positions on the Board of Directors, ten candidates for five open positions on the Technical Council, and four candidates for one open position on the TAPAS Advisory Board.

We used our customary voting system, opavote. Voting opened on 24 June 2018 at 7:40 HST and closed on 10 September 2018 at 23:59 HST (latest global midnight).

Individual members vote for the Technical Council and the TAPAS Advisory Board; institutional members vote for the Board of Directors.

Turnout improved over last year, possibly because we used the annoying reminder option offered by opavote. In total we had 97 votes: 68 from Individual members (out of 124 - 54% turnout); 29 from Institutional members (out of 46 - 63% turnout).

And here are the results.

Newly elected members of the TEI-C Board of Directors are Christiane Fritze, Gimena del Rio Riande, and Pip Willcox.

Newly elected members of the TEI-C Technical Council are Syd Bauman, Vanessa Bigot Juloux, Hugh Cayless, Sarah Stanley, and Raffaele Viglianti.

And the newly elected member of the TAPAS Advisory Board is Anne Baillot.

Two-year terms begin on January 1, 2019.

Congratulations to all!

With best wishes,

Kathryn

Kathryn Tomasek
Chair, TEI-C Board of Directors
Professor of History
Wheaton College
Norton, Massachusetts
@KathrynTomasek

Always learning--Toujours entrain d'apprendre--Immer lernen--いつも学ぶ--Vždy se učí