Dear Lou,
the information about the original source text ist provided in
<sourceDesc>, as in the following example:

<sourceDesc>
    <bibl type="M">Löwenfeld, Leopold: Student und Alkohol. München,
1910.</bibl>
    <biblFull>
        <titleStmt>
            <title level="m" type="main">Student und Alkohol</title>
            <author>
                <persName ref="http://d-nb.info/gnd/117168815">
                    <surname>Löwenfeld</surname>
                    <forename>Leopold</forename>
                </persName>
            </author>
        </titleStmt>
        <editionStmt>
            <edition n="1"/>
        </editionStmt>
        <publicationStmt>
            <publisher>
                <name>M. Riegersche Universitäts-Buchhandlung</name>
            </publisher>
            <pubPlace>München</pubPlace>
            <date type="publication">1910</date>
        </publicationStmt>
    </biblFull>
</sourceDesc>

So basically it is not mentioned here (as in your example) that it is the
project gutenberg-version of "Student and Alkohol", which is also true,
because after the conversion into DTA-base format it is not the gutenberg
version anymore. The information that gutenberg is the source from which
the source derives is, however, already caputered within the <respStmt>s.
So the difference between your encoding and the DTA-encoding is, that you
regard the gutenberg ebook-version as source text (while the original
source is just a <relatedItem>, while the DTA regards the "original" book
as source text. To me the latter seems at first sight more reasonable for
my understanding of <sourceText>, but you might have an explanation for
your choice of encoding <title>The Project Gutenberg EBook of Tono Bungay,
bibl-components)?

Best,
Frederike

Am Sa., 22. Sep. 2018 um 17:20 Uhr schrieb Lou Burnard <