There are several articles on modeling, markup and the TEI in "A companion to digital literary studies" edited by Ray Siemens and Susan Schreibman (book, not open access)
take a look over the Journal of the TEI - https://journals.openedition.org/jtei/

best, --elli

[Elli Mylonas
 Director, Center for Digital Scholarship
 University Library
 Brown University
 library.brown.edu/cds]