I recently wrote an article for Fiat Lingua
<http://fiatlingua.org/2018/08/> that discusses this topic from a
cross-linguistic perspective. (The relevant section is near the end -
the section on 'satellites' - but it references some concepts from
earlier in the article.) I never made a complex in English quite that
large, though - the largest I made was 'go run take back down', but it
incorporates some verb serialisation on the left of the 'main' verb,
which might help you make a longer one.

Japanese lets you do some rather large structures, though the
information isn't always spatio-temporal. Rather than adpositions (which
it doesn't have), it uses verbs that are conjoined to the main verb with
a couple of different kinds of morphology. Just like in English, though,
they may have a somewhat different semantic content than they would as
free main verbs.

/maze-komi-tsuzuke-te shimai-yagat-ta
/mix-put.in-continue-CONJ shimau-yagaru-PAST
'[he] inadvertently continued to mix it in in such a way as to aggravate me'

Here the main verb is /mazeru/ 'mix', plus /komu/ 'put in such that it
stays in', /tsuzukeru/ 'continue', /shimau/ 'do completely /
unfortunately / involuntarily', and /yagaru/ 'have the gall to do, do
without the social standing required > by doing make the speaker angry'.

/kaki-oroshi-te oi-te ki-te kure-ta
/write-drop-CONJ place-CONJ come-CONJ give-PAST
'[he] was kind enough write it down in advance before he came here' /
'[he] was kind enough to go and write it down in advance (and then he
came back)'

Here the main verb is /kaku/ 'write', plus /orosu /'set down', /oku/
'place > do in preparation for something', /kuru/ 'come > go and do',
and /kureru/ 'give > do for the speaker'.
//

It seems like there's on the order of ten or more different slots for
various components, but it's actually really difficult to make one
that's anywhere near that long, because there's all sorts of semantic
interdependencies among the various components. For example, you can't
say /yaritsuzukete oku/ 'continue doing in preparation', because /-te
oku/ expects a telic verb, and /-tsuzukeru/ makes an atelic one. I'm
sure with some thought you could come up with strings with rather more
than the five verb roots in the above examples, though.