The element <relatedItem> may be helpful: if you have a <bibl> which
describes your English-language text, it could use a <relatedItem> to point
to a <bibl> which describes the original text of which it is a translation
(even if only to the extent of naming the language, with a <textLang>
element). e.g.
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/CO.html#index-egXML-d53e48477

--
Conal Tuohy