If the spec stays as is, I think the guidelines and this note in the spec for <teiCorpus> should be changed:

Must contain one TEI header for the corpus, and a series of TEI elements, one for each text.

The note says <teiCorpus> must contain such and such and the data model says it need not contain that.

I’ve opened a new issue on GitHub titled “teiCorpus: make guidelines and data model consistent.”

John