Greetings -

I would like to submit the following inquiry to the PEM List-serve.
Please let me know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Thanks
Brendan Kilbane

Greetings -
We have been asked by several EDs in our community (Most of which are part of our healthcare system) to clarify or provide a "policy" covering patients being transferred ED to ED by private vehicle.  Topics requested to be covered include which patients can be transported by private vehicle and can all or some or no patients coming by private vehicle keep their IVs during transport.

My preference would be to leave this to be decided by the bedside providers and family on a case by case basis but I wanted to see if anyone had a formal policy they would be willing to share.

Thanks and feel free to respond directly to my email below.

Brendan Kilbane MD
Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital
Cleveland OH

Visit us at www.UHhospitals.org.

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the
use of the addressee only. University Hospitals and its affiliates disclaim
any responsibility for unauthorized disclosure of this information to anyone
other than the addressee.

Federal and Ohio law protect patient medical information, including
psychiatric_disorders, (H.I.V) test results, A.I.Ds-related conditions,
alcohol, and/or drug_dependence or abuse disclosed in this email. Federal
regulation (42 CFR Part 2) and Ohio Revised Code section 5122.31 and
3701.243 prohibit disclosure of this information without the specific
written consent of the person to whom it pertains, or as otherwise permitted
by law.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
                 http://listserv.brown.edu/ped-em-l.html