Members of this list may be interested in an XPath-intensive course (#49)
co-taught by me and David Birnbaum in Week 2 of the Digital Humanities
Summer Institute: XPath for Processing XML and Managing Projects. I'm
delighted to be teaching this class alongside the mentor and friend who
taught me what I know about XPath, XSLT, XQuery, and Schematron. David is
one of the most adept, XPath-fluent coders I know, with a keen
understanding of how to build and process digital projects.

Please see our course materials:
https://ebeshero.github.io/UpTransformation/

We're teaching XPath and showing how to apply it in various contexts each
day of the course, so participants will be oriented to XPath in XQuery
through the eXist-db XML database as well as XPath in XSLT and Schematron
in the oXygen XML Editor. XPath is the star of the show in the course, to
help you gain skills in writing it *and* applying it to manage, organize,
navigate, process, and publish XML and TEI code. We're also exploring some
of the newest features of XPath that help simplify the syntax and help you
write precise, efficient code. (I learned quite a lot about XPath in
preparing our materials in the past year!)

*  Scholarships are available to support participation in the course and
defray the expenses of attending DHSI: To apply for a scholarship start
here (before registering): http://www.dhsi.org/scholarships.php .
* To register for the course: http://www.dhsi.org/courses.php and look for
course 49.

Please share widely with people who might benefit from learning XPath with
us (and that could be someone just learning XML, someone seeking a
refresher, someone trying to expand what they can do with a digital edition
project, as well as someone who might benefit from a scholarship to attend
the DHSI.)

Thanks for reading and sharing, and David and I look forward to seeing some
of you in the XPath class!

Elisa
--
Elisa Beshero-Bondar, PhD