This is main, but not entirely, an idle question. I've been wondering about the relationship between <head> and <label> and about heads or labels in paragraphs. Paragraph heading are quite common in certain forms of prose.

If you recognize a function in which some discursive structure is accompanied by  shorter element that tells you what it is about, do you help or hinder the recognition of that function by having two different elements?

-----
Martin Mueller
Professor emeritus of English and Classics
Northwestern University