Hello all,

This is just a note to let you know that we now make available the full XML underlying our publication of the letters from and to Vincent van Gogh (http://vangoghletters.org/). The XML can be downloaded from the "About this edition" page (http://vangoghletters.org/vg/about_6.html) at http://vangoghletters.org/vg/vangoghxml.zip. Given Van Gogh's stature, this may help some of you to convince your management that publication of XML sources is the accepted and reasonable thing to do. It really is! The XML is licensed CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. I'm sorry about the 'noncommercial' clause there, but hey, we should have something to look forward to.

Peter

Peter Boot ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
Senior researcher
Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences)
http://www.huygens.knaw.nl/boot/
http://peterboot.nl/
Tel.: +31 20 2246825