Dear all,

Dr. Tim Duguid (University of Glasgow) and I will be teaching a week-long
course on Music Encoding at the Digital Humanities Summer Institute this
June (it will be our second run). Music Encoding is a close cousin of text
encoding and I hope some of you (or someone in your network!) will find
this interesting. Full scholarships are available for students.
Announcement below.

With many thanks and best wishes,

Raff Viglianti

Harness the power of technology for your music research!

Would you like to harness your computer to conduct corpus-wide musical
analyses?

Are you interested in digital music editing and publishing?

Full-tuition awards available!

After a successful offering in 2018, the Digital Humanities Summer
Institute (DHSI) is again offering its course entitled “Music Encoding
Fundamentals and their Applications” in June 2019. This exciting course
offers an introduction to the theory and practice of encoding electronic
musical scores. It is designed for students, early career researchers and
senior academics who are interested in a music-encoding project, or for
those who would like to better understand the philosophy, theory, and
practicalities of encoding notated music. Moreover, it will consider ways
of incorporating sound and text files with encoded music notation.
Participants should have a basic knowledge of how to read music, but no
prior experience with coding is assumed.

The course will run on June 10-14, 2019, on the beautiful campus of the
University of Victoria.

For more information on the full-tuition awards, see scholarships at:
http://www.dhsi.org/scholarships.php
<http://www.dhsi.org/scholarships.php#_blank>.

For more information on this course and DHSI, see Course 32:
http://www.dhsi.org/index.php <http://www.dhsi.org/index.php#_blank>.

See you in Victoria!

--
Raffaele Viglianti, PhD