Dear TEI Community!

The TEI Consortium has released version 3.5.0 of the TEI Guidelines. (The codename for which is “Raven” or “The Raven Release”, because Poe’s famous poem was first published under his name on January 29th) and version 7.47.0 of the TEI Stylesheets. Our release technicians were Hugh Cayless and Elli Mylonas, assisted by Syd Bauman, James Cummings, Martin Holmes, Peter Stadler and myself. The release went smoothly, which is the way we like it. Please note that the TEI tools OxGarage, Roma, the Oxygen plugin and the Debian packages will be updated soon. For details, please see the release notes below.

As always, we encourage you all to report bugs and make feature requests via the GitHub site at https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/issues. Your input is what tells us what to work on, and we cannot do without it! All of the TEI Consortium’s software projects are hosted at https://github.com/TEIC and issues or feature requests should be reported at the various project repositories there. The Guidelines are available from all the usual places (such as the TEI website http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/index.html and the GitHub site https://github.com/TEIC/TEI/releases/tag/P5_Release_3.5.0. A new release of the TEI Stylesheets has been made in conjunction with the 3.5.0 release at https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets/releases/tag/v7.47.0.

Best wishes and happy encoding!

Martina Scholger

TEI Technical Council Chair

This release of the TEI Guidelines introduces new features and resolves a number of issues raised by the TEI community. As always, the majority of these changes and corrections are a consequence of feature requests or bugs reported by the TEI community using the GitHub tracking system. A full list of the issues resolved in the course of this release cycle may be found under the 3.5.0 milestone.

Highlights of this release include:

Furthermore, a number of translations have been added or updated. For the Japanese translations we especially thank Kiyonori Nagasaki and Martin Holmes.

In addition, many improvements have been made to the XSLT stylesheets (which provide processing of TEI ODD files for Roma and OxGarage as well as other TEI conversions). The Stylesheets are maintained separately from the Guidelines and are at https://github.com/TEIC/Stylesheets. A full list of the issues resolved in the course of this release cycle may be found under the 7.47.0 milestone.

Highlights of this release include:

·       A CSS declaration that caused an error in the epub output has been removed (#115).

·       Better automated processing of release notes in readme files like this one.

Mag. Dr.phil. Martina Scholger

Zentrum für Informationsmodellierung – Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities

Elisabethstraße 59/III

8010 Graz

Austria

https://informationsmodellierung.uni-graz.at | https://gams.uni.graz.at