Interesting re Maori, thanks for the examples. Sanskrit isn’t so much reversed as having the original phone preserved in the compound while lost in the standalone word

Sent from my iPhone

On 20 Jan 2019, at 16:33, mughtej <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

That is not too unreasonable.
There’s Maori, when English words are used in Maori s/sh/j sounds are spoken has h: from the Bible in Maori, John / Honi, Sarah / Hara, Shibboleth hiporete

There’s Sanskrit as well but reversed  kaḥ (who) + cit (ever), kaścit (whoever).