In Itlani these expressions differ in form, one from another. “Eye to eye” is translated “nasu-nasu” using reduplication (literally “forehead [to] forehead”); similarly using reduplication “vishu-vishu” meaning “face to face”.

Day after day – aspalu-aspalu
From day to day – aspalay-aspalese (abl. – dat.)

So:

“Day after day he tried his best.” (Aspalu-aspalu savunit eshkilu khiyefyavor.)
“From day to day her condition got worse.” (Aspalay-aspalese vuyinit palana djamifyava.)
“We don’t see eye to eye concerning that situation.” (Idá krioruova nasu-nasu ra-dayari.)
“I intend that we meet face to face.” (Harvolyaru u vishu-vishu marzeytariyati.”)

Itlani Jim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Vítor De Araújo
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 1:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Eye to eye

For what is worth, Esperanto usually uses the accusative for the first
word, then a preposition and the second word in the nominative (i.e.,
the case required by the preposition; prepositions only take the
accusative in Esperanto to mean movement towards). E.g., "paŝon post
paŝo" (lit. "step after step"), "tagon post tago" (lit. "day after
day"), etc. Though Wiktionary [1] says the form without the accusative
is also common.

Now "eye to eye" specifically I'm not sure how to translate idiomatically.

[1] https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pa%C5%9Don_post_pa%C5%9Do#Esperanto

Vítor De Araújo
https://elmord.org/