On Thu, 16 May 2019, 09:28 [log in to unmask], <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I personally believe that the Voynich MS is a conlang. Any 15th century
> cipher for a natlang could be cracked, and the manuscript has statistical
> properties that argue against it being gibbrerish.

Has anyone tried to reverse-engineer a Voynich conlang (as a kind of
Shannonian exercise)? I gave it about ten minutes' thought a few years ago
and couldn't see any obvious way to construct a conlang to match its
properties. But I imagine someone with more ingenuity or more time must
have had a stab. (To be clear, I mean not trying to discover the conlang
used by the creator of the document, but rather trying to create a conlang
that can generate a text that matches the Voynich text.)

--And.