Why I wrote "pronouns" in the second paragraph is beyond me.

That should read "postpositions".

Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: C. Brickner <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, 18 May 2019 16:26:00 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: to flee, to leave running, or to run away

Adpositions are a bitch, aren't they?

In Senjecas I decided to go the route of many postpositions.

The use of the tones allows me to do that. For example, from the verb

"þa̋la", honor, award, is derived the postposition "þála", in honor of.

From the noun "nőmo", home, is derived the postposition "nóma",

at the home of (the French 'chez'). There are "original" postpositions

also like "pósa", after, behind. In the grammar I name these derived

and non-derived postpositions. Senjecas has at present 88 postpositions.

Now I'm working on a new conlang for a very primitive culture. I want there

to be only some basic pronouns. It's rather tedious work. Anyone know

of a list of basic pronouns? When I finish the grammar and start translating,

I'll have to use the 'as-a-result-of' type of postpositional phrase.

Charlie