When I use cursive, I write an r like the final t which is not crossed, even in the middle of a word. It's not as high as a t, and it doesn't connect to the next letter.

--Ph. D.

On Mon, 20 May 2019 16:15:09 -0400, "C. Brickner" wrote:

Not so much eccentric as illegible, so I usually print. When I do use cursive my only eccentricity is to use the final that is not crossed.
Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: Kevin Walker
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 20 May 2019 13:43:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Eccentric Handwriting

Do any of you have a more-eccentric-than-usual style of handwriting? A
rationale behind it? Perhaps used in youth only? Speaking here not so
much of full-on conscripts as personal ways of transcribing your L1, used
in place of the regularly in place of the standard, e.g., I can't do
cursive, but I try to turn every sound into a single stroke of the pen,
including digraphs, usually by turning h's into vertical strokes attached
to the rightmost point of the letter.

I know that in my case some of the first ways I was creative about language
was in my own handwriting. I definitely know of people who took pride in
weird shorthands but weren't to the best of my knowledge conlangers. I
assume therefore that it's the same for at least some of us, but also
perhaps not something we think of as conlanging proper. I also suspect it
is not so monumental a task that a starting conlanger cannot have a result
of which they will remain pretty proud. So do you have any conhandwritings
of which you are proud? Ashamed?