I would like a list of the files available currently from the tei,
and find living with listserv extremely cumbersome and irritating.

Is there any way of accessing the archives other than listserv?

Here is an example of what I find so wasteful of time in dealing with listserv:

I just sent out a message to listserv asking for a list of files.

I was returned a large file which said it was in punch format and
directed me to another file in order to get this file decrupted.

I send the message,  and was returned another huge file which tried to
tell me all the things about listserv I never wanted to know!

listserv is perhaps a good way of accessing stuff for people who have
only email, but  extremely painful to use once you have got used to
services like ftp.

So in short is there any way life could be made a little easier?