> I agree with Erik Naggum about the impracticality of the mnemonic naming
> proposed by Keld Simonsen.  While I believe Keld's intentions were good,
> I also think that his working model is untenable, i.e., that one can derive
> a set of useful mnemonics (2 character in length) for each character in
> the union of all character sets.

It is a misunderstanding that my scheme is only 2 characters,
about 500 characters in RFC 1345 have short identifiers with
3 ore more characters in them. About 24.000 Chinese characters are
also defined, and all of these are 5 characters long. The mechanism
for naming Chinese characters, is just referencing a code point,
this method is also used in ISO 10646.

Keld