/

I'm using Author/Edit 2.2 and its "fellow" program, Rulesbuilder (version 2.1
release 1.28).  I thought it would be a straightforward matter to use
Rulesbuilder to compile the TEI DTD, but, alas, it hasn't proved easy.  After
clearing several hurdles, I've encountered a problem that has me puzzled.

After bumping some variable values in the SGML declaration file (like
NAMELEN), Rulesbuilder completes its reading of tei2.dtd with the message:

"Error in Document Type Declaration at offset 7257 of the input stream,
on line 167 of the document: Element used but not defined."

I'm assuming there's something absurdly simple that I'm overlooking.  I'm
using a fresh collection of the TEI dtd and entity files (FTPed just a few
days ago).  If anyone has any suggestions, please send me mail
("[log in to unmask]").  I'll report back to the list the results of this
titanic struggle...

thanks!
Malcolm Brown