 > / I'm using Author/Edit 2.2 and its "fellow" program, Rulesbuilder
 > (version 2.1 release 1.28).  I thought it would be a
 > straightforward matter to use Rulesbuilder to compile the TEI DTD,
 > but, alas, it hasn't proved easy.  After clearing several hurdles,
 > I've encountered a problem that has me puzzled.

I have not used rulesbuilder with the TEI DTDs, but I have heard
elsewhere that the best thing to do is to concatenate all of them into
one long file first, then to run rulesbuilder on the whole thing
(does rulesbuilder not understand the parameter entities, or is it
simply a matter of not forcing the user to set them all correctly?).

The SGML World Tour CD-ROM, available free from Softquad, contains a
precompiled version of TEI2 for Author/Editor, along with several
other useful DTDs.

David

---
David Megginson                Department of English, University of Ottawa,
[log in to unmask]       Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA  K1N 6N5
[log in to unmask]    Phone: (613) 564-6850 (Office)
[log in to unmask]             (613) 564-9175 (FAX)