Dear TEI and SGML people,
I am about to bring Collate right into (well, more than half-way into) the
tei/sgml fold.  I plan to do this by incorporating a full sgml parser in
Collate, with the next version being able to validate sgml/tei
transcriptions and also process tei/sgml critical apparatus.  The version
of Collate after that will be able to collate sgml/tei texts.  From what I
have seen, the best system for this is YASP (the Yorktown advanced sgml
parser) which has been specifically designed to cooperate with an
application in exactly the way I want.  Before I put in weeks of work on
integrating YASP into Collate, some questions:
1.  Has anyone out there used YASP on sgml/tei docs? does it cut the
mustard with them?
2.  Has anyone had experience on integrating YASP into a Macintosh
environment?  I am working with Symantec C, and will be moving soon to
Symantec C++ (as part of the master plan to render Collate cross-platform)
Peter Robinson