On Fri, 18 Nov 1994 18:19:18 CST Gregory J. Murphy said:
>I was generating a new version of the on-line TEI DTD browser (which now
>includes the most widely used additional tag sets) and was astonished
>when the program reported that <app> had no parent elements.  A quick

I believe you must be using an old version of the DTD files; the version
produced in August should have fixed this error (as well as numerous
other errors in which elements were declared but not legal within any
other element).

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
 ACH / ACL / ALLC Text Encoding Initiative
 University of Illinois at Chicago
 [log in to unmask] / u35395@uicvm