Registering adults.

We register anyone who shows up with a complaint.  They get the screening and
stabilization required by big brother and then are discharged or transferred to
an appropriate facility.  Several of our staff are adult experienced/trained and
will treat some of these patients, much to the disgust of the director.

Managed mis-care patients.

We have a nurse triage system that allows (through rigid protocols) several
paths to triage to.  There are two to three acute care clinics, the ED, private
physician offices that we can triage to.  Our protocol allows the triage nurse
to register for treatment any patient that meets acuity requiring treatment,
regardless of what the managed mis-care person thinks.  The dust can settle
later if disagreement persists.  Boy, I have my doubts about medicine in the
future!

Personally.

I will see and treat anyone I feel needs my care.