(Sorry about abbreviated first posts -- my keyboard is really acting up)

Good morning:

While this isn't an emergent care situation, perhaps you or one of your
colleagues can direct me to an internet source where I can learn more about
myositis.  I have an 8 year old neice who had a sinus infection
approximately late October and was treated with sulfa.  Shortly after
beginning the sulfa, she developed rash which has lingered since.

Her pediatrician initially thought it was a reaction to the sulfa, but since
running some tests is now leaning toward myositis.  She is scheduled for a
muscle biopsy and depending on the results, the plan of treatment is either
prednizone or cortizone.

I continue to search the medical gophers but in the mean time, if you have
some more information or can point me to an online source, I would be greatful.

(PS.  Really sorry about the partial posts....my keyboard hits extra key
combinations resulting in a <CNTRL> E in eudora when sends out 1the post.
But that's another problem.....)

    F.R. "Fritz" Nordengren, NREMT-P, EMS-I
       Verdict Media Consulting, Incorporated
       West Des Moines, Iowa