I am pleased to announce that the residency program in Emergency Medicine at
Metropolitan Hospital Center - New York Medical College is accredited as a
new program for three years.

 The decision did not come in time for our program to participate in the
match.  We have six - eight positions available at the EM 1 level beginning
in July of 1995.

The program is an EM1- EM3.  Residents do their EM at Metropolitan Hospital
Center  and Westchester County Medical Center.  Critical Care rotations are
done at St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center in Manhattan.

We currently have 13 EM trained or ABEM certified faculty members with two
more hired as of July 1995.  We are members of an academic Department of
Emergency Medicine at  New York Medical College.  Rotations include
orthopedics, obsetrics, cardiology, toxicology, three months of critical
care, anesthesia, ultrasound, EMS, research and more.

Please refer any qualified applicants to my Email address or voice at
212-423-6390.