Hi,

I have run into 4 elements that I have some questions about:

  person and participant
  personGrp and particGrp

Was there a decision to use <participant> insted of <person>?

Person is not defined in the tei2.dtd's that I have at my site.  It is
refered to in teicorp2.dtd as being defined in the core.

Participant is defined in teicorp2.dtd but is not mentioned in the
guidelines.

The example that uses <person> in the guidelines uses <participant> in
the dtd (the particDesc in teicorp2.dtd and in p3cc.doc - ch. 33).

The same holds for personGrp and particGrp.

Greg Priest-Dorman
Vassar College

-----------------
from teicorp2.dtd
-----------------

<!ENTITY % particDesc 'INCLUDE' >
<![ %particDesc; [
<!ELEMENT %n.particDesc;
                        - o  (p+ | ( (participant | particGrp)+,
                              particLinks?) )                   >
<!ATTLIST %n.particDesc;     %a.global;
                             %a.declarable;                    >
]]>
from  chapter 23 of the guidelines - p3cc
    <!ELEMENT particDesc    - o  (p+ | ( (person | personGrp)+,
                                  particLinks?) )                    >