>I have seen brief mention of the CELLAR package for handling text with
>multiple variants and would like to find out more. I haven't been able
>to get hold of any recent ALLC/ACH procedings in the library here so
>wonder if there are other references, online papers or something?
>
>I have recently started working at the Wittgenstein Archive here in
>Cambridge, to develop an appropriate user interface for editing
>manuscripts with multiple variants. It would be silly for me to start
>reinventing the wheel!
>
>Kathleen Carter

Last I saw, CELLAR was stil in a developmental phase. It's based on
Smalltalk, so is likely to be relatively resource hungry. There are several
CELLAR papers available at the Summer Institute of Linguistics server on
the web. Explore from the home page at:

    http://www.sil.org/

I know I saw several pointers there to current projects including 3 papers
on CELLAR.

-David G. Durand