At 10:39 AM 21/02/96 CST, Janne Himanka wrote:
  | The following message is a courtesy copy of an article that has been
  | posted as well.
  |
  | Hello all,
  |
  | I will soon find myself in a situation where I need to offer TEI texts
  | via WWW in HTML format. I will of course serve them for Panorama
  | users as native TEI with navigators, stylesheets etc. but not
  | everybody uses Panorama. I would like to hear your experiences about
  | converting TEI to HTML[23]. Below, I sketch the possibilities I have
  | found so far.

[snip]

  | COMMERCIAL CONVERTERS
  |
  | 2. Omnimark. Supposedly a good tool for this. Could someone provide
  |    experiences?

Omnimark is very good, and capable of doing almost anything. Of course
you would expect so, considering its cost. I have found its greatest
strength lies in being able to generate extremely-well featured tables
of contents, cross links, summaries of terms, TOCs to the TOCs themselves,
and so on.

It is also able to produce generally nice HTML, as you are able to fully
use the SGML context information.

Hope this helps,

                      James Robertson * [log in to unmask]
                    Coding * Design * Layout * Newton * Windows
                                "Beyond the idea"